Re: [ecf-dev] COMMITTERS PLEASE READ: No conference call today

Good to see that shared editing is on the agenda!   Unfortunately, I cannot attend tomorrow because it is my wife's birthday.  Normally, Tuesdays noon pacific works for me.

Boris

On 9/17/07, Remy Chi Jian Suen <remy.suen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/17/07, Mustafa Işık <isik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think we should not try to integrate any XCDE code for ECF 1.2, due
> October 5th.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have used the 'i' word. When I meant
'integrate', I meant, "get it past legal and committed to ECF CVS". I
don't think it would be possible to get it in for 1.2 either myself
because October 5th is really rather close by. I don't know what Scott
meant with the 'i' word when he wrote the agenda, though.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF_Conference_Call_9.18.2007

> XCDE seems to break API contracts in order to access platform/framework
> information.
>
> This is something where XCDE might be of help, the extent of which depends
> on how it makes use of the officially exposed parts of the various eclipse
> APIs and to what degree it uses hacks to get around to access private state.

Patches would go a long way but I don't know if they made any.

How hard would it be to replace o.e.ecf.example.collab.editor with
cola? Is _that_ doable for 1.2?

Regards,
Rem