[ecf-dev] Getting control over the input stream

Is there a way to use ECF for file transfer but rather than have it suck the stream of bytes, basically get it to setup everything and then let someone else pull the bytes as needed?  I have two usecases
1) in the new provisioning work (p2) there should be an API that returns an InputStream on an artifact
2) using this InputStream we can setup a chain of processors that take InputStreams, transform the content and give back InputStreams

In the end the we'd use a transfer bytes style method that reads from the InputStream and writes to some OutputStream.  So in essence #2 wants to put arbitrary processing between the real source and the destination OutputStream.  #1 is an escape mechanism that allows people to do things we did not think of. They need to be in control of how and when the bytes are pulled.

Thanks
Jeff

Back to the top