Re: [ecf-dev] ECF coding conventions -- let's use Equinox

I like this direction.  If you have any feedback/improvements on the Equinox conventions, please post them to Equinox-dev.

It probably makes sense to set the settings on the projects (remember that not all the settings are in the formatter prefs) and then format, organize, ... the whole project and commit the changes.  This should be done at some convenient time as it will affect any outstanding patches etc.

Jeff

Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/22/2007 10:08 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Communication Framework \(ECF\) developer mailing list."        <ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
Re: [ecf-dev] ECF coding conventions -- let's use Equinox

Remy Chi Jian Suen wrote:
Shouldn't the formatter settings just be committed as a
project-specific setting instead?

For some of the projects it is...but not all of them (yet).  If you want to go through the projects and apply on save please do.  I've done it for org.eclipse.ecf, org.eclipse.ecf.core.identity, org.eclipse.ecf.filetransfer, org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer today.

Even so, good idea to have everyone use the same formatter locally.

Scott

Rem

On 8/22/07, Scott Lewis