Re: [ecf-dev] Ganymede Roadmap

Hi Remy,

Remy Chi Jian Suen wrote:
Is there any reason why we're just not naming it 2.0.0M1 and so forth
but instead am incrementing the minor version number?

So we have something released other than major releases (once a year), and bug fix releases...without introducing a totally independent release schedule. i.e. although I would ideally like to have major, minor, bug fix, and milestone releases, I think given how little resources we have it's going to be difficult to have independent minor and milestone releases.

What is XCDE under 'Shared Editing'?

Some folks have contacted first Bjorn FB and then me with some work on doing shared editing in Eclipse (called XCDE). They are interested in contributing the work they have done and working with us on ext points, etc to support building of shared editors that have 'pluggable' synchronization strategies (including theirs, which they are willing to contribute under EPL).

I think the dev themes looks alright.

Well, IMHO there's both more and less needed there. So please contribute there with things that I've missed/omitted/over-emphasized, etc.

Scott

Back to the top