Re: [ecf-dev] ECF 1.0.0

Thanks to everyone and especially Scott.

It was a pleasure to work with everyone and I'm excited to see the ECF community grow.

Cheers,

---
Chris Aniszczyk | IBM Lotus | Eclipse Committer | http://mea-bloga.blogspot.com | +1.860.839.2465

Inactive hide details for Scott Lewis ---06/27/2007 10:46:02 PM---Hi Folks,Scott Lewis ---06/27/2007 10:46:02 PM---Hi Folks,

Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

06/27/2007 10:46 PM

[ecf-dev] ECF 1.0.0

Hi Folks,

I'm very happy to report that ECF 1.0.0 is now available.

My sincere thanks go to everyone that has contributed to the project,
including all the committers, contributors, and community members that
have helped the project by reporting bugs, requesting and providing
enhancements, and generally have used ECF to do interesting things.  I
expect and hope that this will continue and grow.  ECF is truly a
community project.

I believe the future is bright for ECF...as the Equinox team is already
using the ECF filetransfer API for the provisioning incubator, and there
are both commercial and non-commercial uses of ECF planned and underway.
  Along with the fact that RCP, eRCP, and Equinox-based server
development is increasing, ECF is appropriate and relevant in all those
areas, and Eclipse-based team collaboration remains an important and
underserved area in software development tools...especially for open
source/open protocol approaches like ECF.

There are also plenty of application-level integrations of interest
(e.g. with VOIP, improved/enhanced UI mechanisms, Shared editing,
EMF/GMF, eRCP, Mylyn, Sudoku/other RCP apps, VNC app sharing, DSDP,
Corona, and others).  I'll send out an email soon with some thoughts
about plans for coming releases and some announcements about possible
collaborations and contributions in these areas.  If you have thoughts
about this please add to the discussion by posting to this newsgroup and
ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx.

This same release (1.0.0.v20070627-1030) will be deployed via the Europa
update site as of this coming Friday (6/29).

Download and Update Site info:
http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/downloads.php
New and Noteworthy:
http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/NewAndNoteworthy.html