[ecf-dev] IMPORTANT: ECF Europa Review Slides

Hi All,

The Europa release is coming up rapidly, and the Europa Release Review is scheduled for June 6th (see herehttp://www.eclipse.org/projects/).

In preparation for the Europa release review on June 6th, I've put together some slides for ECF's contribution:

http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/reviews/ECF_Europa_Review.pdf
And here's the Open Office source:
http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/reviews/ECF_Europa_Review.odp

I would like to get people's review/suggested changes/additions of these slides by **tomorrow May 30th**, as I have to turn the slides into the EMO on May 30th*. I'm sorry about the late notice. ECF will only have about 1 minute to go through these slides during the review, so these are simply intended to be the highlights as described by Bjorn in a posting to the cross-project mailing list (see below). Note that I need to add the single talking-points slide at the front as described by Bjorn below...that will be very short summary of the 4 slides that are given.

I will also be working on a much more extensive set of ECF slides for the ECF 1.0.0 Release Review, which will take place on Monday, June 18th at 8am PT. The slides for this review must be completed by **Monday, June 11th**.
Actions for Committers and Contributors:

1) Review the above-pointed-to slides for ECF Europa Review: provide comments via this list as soon as possible (before EOB May 30). 2) Review slides and make additions and/or comments for ECF Release Review prior to Monday, June 11th. 3) Put ECF Release review on your calendar (if you can) for Monday, June 18th, 8am pacific time.

Thanks! ECF has a lot to contribute...and I'm looking forward to getting us to 1.0.0 and Europa!

Scott

Bjorn Freeman-Benson's note to Project Leads to Cross-project mailing list:

Europa project leads,
On today's call, we asked me to send around advice on how to prepare your slides for the big Europa Release Review.

(1) Here's the development process page about release reviews: http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/release-review.php

(2) Your slides (or non-slides) must be sent to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx on or before May 30th.

(3) There are many example slide decks from previous releases (see http://www.eclipse.org/projects/previous-release-reviews.php). Here are some of the good ones:

* DTP 1.0 http://www.eclipse.org/projects/slides/EclipseDataToolsPlatform_1.0ReleaseReview.pdf * TPTP 4.3 http://www.eclipse.org/projects/slides/Eclipse%20TPTP%204_3%20Release%20Review.pdf * EPF 1.0 http://www.eclipse.org/projects/slides/EPF%201.0%20Review%20v1.3.pdf * BIRT 2.1 http://www.eclipse.org/projects/slides/Eclipse%20BIRT%20Project%202_1%20Release%20Review%202006-05-30.pdf

(4) There is no example of the "one minute slide" because last year, for Callisto, we allowed each project 3-4 minutes. You can see those slides in the archive: http://www.eclipse.org/projects/callisto-files/Callisto%20Release%20Review.pdf This year we're going for "one minute" highlighting - here's what I said in the minutes: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Europa_Minutes_2007.05.02

The Release Review is coming up on June 6th. Each project needs to have a complete Release Review slide deck prepared by May 30th (one week in advance) along with a single talking points slide at the front. During the release review itself, each project will be given one short minute (with 20+ projects, that alone makes a 20 minute call) for the talking point slide. The remaining slides will be for archival documentation and as backups for any audience questions.

The talking point slide should cover:

* any significant new features since the last release (obviously all the projects are going to have lots of new features: a year's worth of new features, but we only have time for the top most significant ones)
   * statement about the quality of the APIs
   * any significant end-of-life issues in this release
   * statement about the IP clearance and licenses in the code
   * statement about the diversity of the committer population

Regards,
Bjorn

Back to the top