[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ecf-dev] IMPORTANT: ECF Europa Review Slides
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 17:09:21 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Windows/20070221)
The Europa release is coming up rapidly, and the Europa Release Review
is scheduled for June 6th (see herehttp://www.eclipse.org/projects/).
In preparation for the Europa release review on June 6th, I've put
together some slides for ECF's contribution:
And here's the Open Office source:
I would like to get people's review/suggested changes/additions of these
slides by **tomorrow May 30th**, as I have to turn the slides into the
EMO on May 30th*. I'm sorry about the late notice. ECF will only have
about 1 minute to go through these slides during the review, so these
are simply intended to be the highlights as described by Bjorn in a
posting to the cross-project mailing list (see below). Note that I need
to add the single talking-points slide at the front as described by
Bjorn below...that will be very short summary of the 4 slides that are
I will also be working on a much more extensive set of ECF slides for
the ECF 1.0.0 Release Review, which will take place on Monday, June 18th
at 8am PT. The slides for this review must be completed by **Monday,
Actions for Committers and Contributors:
1) Review the above-pointed-to slides for ECF Europa Review: provide
comments via this list as soon as possible (before EOB May 30).
2) Review slides and make additions and/or comments for ECF Release
Review prior to Monday, June 11th.
3) Put ECF Release review on your calendar (if you can) for Monday, June
18th, 8am pacific time.
Thanks! ECF has a lot to contribute...and I'm looking forward to
getting us to 1.0.0 and Europa!
Bjorn Freeman-Benson's note to Project Leads to Cross-project mailing list:
Europa project leads,
On today's call, we asked me to send around advice on how to prepare
your slides for the big Europa Release Review.
(1) Here's the development process page about release reviews:
(2) Your slides (or non-slides) must be sent to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx on or
before May 30th.
(3) There are many example slide decks from previous releases (see
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/previous-release-reviews.php). Here are
some of the good ones:
* DTP 1.0
* TPTP 4.3
* EPF 1.0
* BIRT 2.1
(4) There is no example of the "one minute slide" because last year, for
Callisto, we allowed each project 3-4 minutes. You can see those slides
in the archive:
This year we're going for "one minute" highlighting - here's what I said
in the minutes: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Europa_Minutes_2007.05.02
The Release Review is coming up on June 6th. Each project needs to have
a complete Release Review slide deck prepared by May 30th (one week in
advance) along with a single talking points slide at the front. During
the release review itself, each project will be given one short minute
(with 20+ projects, that alone makes a 20 minute call) for the talking
point slide. The remaining slides will be for archival documentation and
as backups for any audience questions.
The talking point slide should cover:
* any significant new features since the last release (obviously all
the projects are going to have lots of new features: a year's worth of
new features, but we only have time for the top most significant ones)
* statement about the quality of the APIs
* any significant end-of-life issues in this release
* statement about the IP clearance and licenses in the code
* statement about the diversity of the committer population