[ecf-dev] Efficient downloads

I'm looking for ways to improve Buckminsters download capabilities and I have some questions regarding the ECF filetransfer provider. As you might tell by my questions, I'm fairly new to the whole thing :-)

What is the current status for implementations (http, ftp, and bittorrent in particular)? Is it possible to resume a download from a certain position (e.g. using the http Range header attribute)? Does ECF provide any resume or recovery after failure capabilities out-of-the-box? Do you have any abstractions for this? How much overhead does ECF add in terms of size in a headless environment assuming an eclipse runtime is active already?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top