Re: [ecf-dev] Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] Sudoku on eRCP!

I would love to see the code maintained in the eRCP project (at least the eRCP part) and offered as one of the sample eRCP applications in the eWorkbench (do you agree Mark/Gorkem?)

ECF can then maintain its extensions on top of that to prove that we do in fact care about embedded platforms (all that refactoring in ECF was worth it ;p)

Cheers,

---
Chris Aniszczyk | IBM Lotus | Eclipse Committer | http://mea-bloga.blogspot.com | +1 860 839 2465

Inactive hide details for "Remy Chi Jian Suen" ---04/27/2007 10:19:53 AM---Hi Chris,"Remy Chi Jian Suen" ---04/27/2007 10:19:53 AM---Hi Chris,

"Remy Chi Jian Suen" <remy.suen@xxxxxxxxx>

04/27/2007 10:19 AM

Re: [ecf-dev] Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] Sudoku on eRCP!

Hi Chris,

Hm, let's take a look see...

Well, we have org.eclipse.sudoku.core and org.eclipse.sudoku.solver.backtracing which are essentially just standard plug-ins requiring org.eclipse.core.runtime. Although looking at the code now, I think they can be cut down to just implement BundleActivator instead of extending Plugin.

In org.eclipse.sudoku.ui, we have...

Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ui,
org.eclipse.core.runtime,
org.eclipse.sudoku.core,
org.eclipse.sudoku.solver.backtracking,
org.eclipse.ecf,
org.eclipse.ecf.datashare ,
org.eclipse.ercp.app,
org.eclipse.ercp.eworkbench
Import-Package: org.eclipse.ercp.swt.mobile,
org.eclipse.jface.action,
org.eclipse.jface.resource,
org.eclipse.swt,
org.eclipse.swt.events,
org.eclipse.swt.graphics,
org.eclipse.swt.layout,
org.eclipse.swt.widgets,
org.eclipse.ui,
org.eclipse.ui.part,
org.eclipse.ui.plugin

But ah, you can remove the ecf stuff (although the 'Connect' command is currently coupled with the ui because I was too lazy to figure out how to contribute to IWorkbenchParts in an eRCP context). This can also be cut down more to have the org.eclipse.ercp.eworkbench dep/extension be in a separate plug-in so that org.eclipse.sudoku.ui is just contributing an IViewPart alone.

Regards,
Rem

On 4/27/07, Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: _______________________________________________
ecf-dev mailing list