Re: [ecf-dev] JMS

BTW,

The source (and the launch config below) is contained in the org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms project.  The JMS provider, the Yahoo provider, and the skype plugins source can be loaded into workspace via this project set file:

http://ecf1.osuosl.org/ecf1-anonymous.psf
Or link off of this page:  http://ecf1.osuosl.org/
(with anonymous CVS access instructions)

Note you will need the ECF core plugins to (along with Eclipse 3.3M6).  Anonymous access to ECF core plugins through this project set file:

http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.docs/ecf-anonymous.psf
Or link off of this page:  http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/dev_resources.php

Scott

Scott Lewis wrote:
Hi Dennis,

Dennis W Vaughn (devaughn) wrote:
I was just curious what was needed to get JMS working with ECF.  What is needed server side as well as client side?

RE: server side:  there's an example java application in the org.eclipse.provider.jms bundle:

org/eclipse/ecf/provider/jms/app/ServerApplication

Below is the launch config that launches this ServerApplication when in workspace.  Basically the ServerApplication takes one parameter...the PROGRAM_ARGUMENTS below, which is the URL that the server exposes...e.g. tcp://localhost:3240/server.  This sort of makes it a trivial server.

This can be run as an application, but if run outside of Eclipse workspace as java application then remember that you will have to add a number of plugins/jars to the classpath so that all necessary classes can be found at runtime.

I found the org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms plugin but not sure what to do with it.

Probably the best thing to do with it would be to create a new bundle:  org.eclipse.ecf.server.jms, that read some configuration information (from config file and/or from registry/extensions, and setup a number JMS servers accordingly.  It could simply depend upon/create instances of JMSServerSOContainers as shown by example in ServerApplication.  I would recommend using this new bundle in the Equinox server runtime rather than run things as java application, as the classpath issues can/will be a pain, and there could/will be other things that don't work properly (e.g. the factory population from extension points, the adapter factory, etc).

If you would like to file an enhancement request that we create such a bundle (org.eclipse.ecf.server.jms), then please do so, although I'm not sure how quickly I'll be able to get to it given other workload.  Better yet, file a bug and contribute the code for org.eclipse.ecf.server.jms.

Thanks,

Scott

Launch config for running ServerApplication.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<launchConfiguration type="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.localJavaApplication">
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.MAIN_TYPE" value="org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms.app.ServerApplication"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.PROJECT_ATTR" value="org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.PROGRAM_ARGUMENTS" value="tcp://localhost:3240/server"/>
<listAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.MAPPED_RESOURCE_TYPES">
<listEntry value="1"/>
</listAttribute>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER" value="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/jre1.5.0_11"/>
<listAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.MAPPED_RESOURCE_PATHS">
<listEntry value="/org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms/src/org/eclipse/ecf/provider/jms/app/ServerApplication.java"/>
</listAttribute>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.appendEnvironmentVariables" value="true"/>
</launchConfiguration>

Thanks,
Dennis