[ecf-dev] Google Summer of Code 2007

Hi Folks,

In 2006, ECF had three excellent Google SOC projects: Real-time Shared Editing, Shared Code, and BitTorrent Provider [1]. Each resulted in some great code.

Google is having the Summer of Code again in 2007, and it would be great if people would consider submitting/recording project ideas for more ECF-based projects. There is a wiki page for 2007 Eclipse-related ideas here [2].

Please consider putting forth your ideas for ECF-based applications (and/or integration with other projects) on this page or to newsgroup or ecf-dev mailing list, even if you are not yourself able to participate in the 2007 Google Summer of Code.

The Google SOC page is here [3].

Note you can also apply to be a mentor if you would like to do that.

And if you would like to consult with the Remy, Mustafa, Marcello, or me for their 2006 experiences with the Google Summer of Code please say so and we'll get in direct touch with you. (or just join irc.freenode.net #eclipse-ecf channel).

Thanks,

Scott

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/ECF_SOC_Projects
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Google_Summer_of_Code_2007_Ideas