Re: [ecf-dev] Re: JXTA Provider Source

Hi Gunnar/all,

Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
Remy Chi Jian Suen wrote:

:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/ecf

Thanks, but GMANE scrambled this. It maybe because there is an email
address in? Can you repost in another format?

+1 on the incubation component. I don't entirely understand how the
parallel IP process works myself, so I have no idea when stuff is
actually permitted to be moved into Eclipse CVS

My understanding is that the way it will work is

1) Committer submits CQ's
2) The EF legal team will do a license compatibility check (e.g. to make sure the code is Apache 2 or BSD rather than GPL).  Janet said this would take 2 weeks max.
3) If that checks out, the library will be approved for the incubation project via IPZilla

I haven't seen any word yet on how the IPZilla approval will look/feel from our end.  My guess is they (EMO) are still getting the impl in place.

WRT JXTA specifically, it's been in process for a while, but I'm not sure whether it's beyond license compatibility check yet.

Scott

Back to the top