Re: [ecf-dev] Filetransfer API

>It is possible to enumerate all providers via ContainerFactory.getDefault().getDescriptions().  The returned List has ContainerTypeDescription instances in it (would be .  Also, ContainerTypeDescription class has a method
>String [] ContainerTypeDescrption.getSupportedAdapterTypes()
>Which asks the provider to report the adapter types (e.g. IFileTransferContainerAdapter) that are supported by that container type.

        This is only one part of the information though, no? Or did I miss something? It seems to me that this does not tell me the list of supported "transports". This information seems to be available form the IRetriveFileTransferContainerAdapter.getNamespace, but this require the container to be created.
        Also the implementation of getSupportedAdapterTypes() seems to be heavy weight since it requests the creation of the instantiator object to be able to answer the getsupportAdapterTypes. In my case it would mean that I would iterate through all of them causing the activation of their respective plugins, whereas the information is obtained from the adaptor manager. Do you expect the impl of this method to be different for each container provider?

- To make the API complete around transfer, I think it would be great to be able to have support for authentication and proxy. For example, the authentication support could be as simple as a callback (an authentication event) asking for username/pwd. As for the proxy I'm not sure what shape it should have.
>Yes. we already have a callback structure for the 'IConnectContext' that is used in
>        IContainer.connect(ID targetID, IConnectContext connectContext)

        I had missed this. This is good enough.