Re: [ecf-dev] ECF Application -- Your input requested

Hi Javier,

The package Jakarta Commons-Net is being used by the Target Management project  of the Device Software Development Platform.
It is already available as an Eclipse plugin from the DSDP CVS repository ( http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.tm.core/thirdparty/org.apache.commons.net/?cvsroot=DSDP_Project)

It could be useful, since this package has been already approved by Eclipse.

I had totally forgot about this since I noticed several ftp stack traces that were being filed as bugs in Bugzilla were listing Apache's commons library. TM's RSE component is using the commons library for FTP, right? Are there any particular reasons as to why org.eclipse.ftp from Platform Team is not being used? Could you provide a pros/cons comparison of some sort?

Much thanks.

Regards,
Rem

Back to the top