Re: [ecf-dev] Next ecf-dev conference call: Next Mon (Nov 6, 2006)

Hi Remy,

Remy Suen wrote:
Hi Scott,

ECF is now slated to be part of Europa release train:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Europa_Simultaneous_Release.

What exactly does offset +1 mean? I read over that wiki page but
couldn't seem to find anything that succintly said "offset is
so-and-so".

I had the same problem. Apparently it means 'number of project dependencies'...e.g. ECF has dependency only on platform so we have +1...other projects have 2 other project dependencies (e.g. platform and EMF, for example). The explanation is here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Europa_Simultaneous_Release#Milestones_and_Release_Candidates

Also, what version do we plan to be at when Europa rolls around? 1.0? 1.5?

Don't know yet. It at least partially depends upon how much time/work everyone can put in between now and, say, EclipseCon 2007. I would certainly like it to be 1.5, but I don't know if I can guaranteee that yet...and if it needs to be 1.0 then that's the way it will be.
Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top