Re: [ecf-dev] ConnectDialog woes

It's more that this could get
very ugly (who knows how many ViewParts are going to get activated?),
but this is the only decent solution I've come up with at the moment.
If anyone's got a better idea, I'm all ears.

You could use a listener that delegates to a chain (list) of handlers.
The handlers would be executed in a sequence until one of them decided
that it can handle the event and returned true.

Maybe in some case it makes sense to open a perspective; in another
case just show a view? The bundle that contributes whatever is needed
for the UI would also register the handler. One way to register the
handlers would be with an Extension Point.

Just my idea.

Back to the top