Re: [ecf-dev] Two issues I feel that needs a healthydiscussion overbefore ECF 1.0...

>> identity (namespace extension point):  org.eclipse.ecf.core.identity
>> container (containerFactory extension point):
>> org.eclipse.ecf.core.container
>> shared object (sharedObjectFactory extension point):
>> org.eclipse.ecf.core.sharedobject
>
> What exactly is going to be identity? The IContainer interface defines
> methods that requires Namespaces and IDs, so how do you plan to split
> those two apart?

The 'container' bundle would have to depend upon the identity bundle.
I'm thinking that the identity bundle could contain just
org.eclipse.ecf.core.identity.*

I'm not that familiar with all the APIs & implementations, but where
would identity be used without containers?

Erkki

Back to the top