[ecf-dev] ECF IRC provider plugin approval

Hi Folks,

The ECF IRC provider plugin (and it's usage of the IRCLib http://moepii.sourceforge.net/) has been approved by Eclipse Foundation legal for redistribution with ECF under the Apache 2 license. Soo...the IRC provider plugin (org.eclipse.ecf.provider.irc) and the IRC provider feature (org.eclipse.ecf.provider.irc-feature) have been moved from ecf1.osuosl.org CVS server to dev.eclipse.org CVS server. These two plugins are now available via the ecf-anonymous and ecf-committer project set files or by perusal of the org.eclipse.ecf module in dev.eclipse.org CVS repository. To get these plugins see the project set files or CVS access info here:

http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/resources.html

I've also updated the ECF IP log as required by the Eclipse development process. The log (and the approval email from EF legal) is available here http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/ip_log.html. I will work with Pete M to get the IRC provider build moved over from the "ECF Extras" build to the eclipse.org build and hopefully we'll be able to deploy the IRC plugin with the ECF sdk v0.9.0 this Friday 8/15/2006.

Scott

Back to the top