[ecf-dev] Shared Code Project

Hi folks,

I couldn't take part in the ECF conference, sorry about it.

The conference agenda had a Google Summer of Code Projects in the topic, so I would like to introduce myself and list pointing of Shared Code Project.

@Introduce
My name is Marcelo Mayworm, nowadays I'm student in the Masters program in Computer Science from the Rio de Janeiro University of Brazil, where I have been researching about Information Retrieval and Collaboration area of Computation Engineering. Motivated by research in the collaboration area, I made SCP(Shared Code Plug'in) proposal.

@List Pointing
Shared Code project documentation, you can find in the wiki - http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Shared_Code_Plugin. Day in and day out, I have been adding documentation in this wiki, I would like to hear of you your opnion about the SCP wiki.

At the present time:
* SCP user interface were implemented. Screenshots are here http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Screenshots_SCP
* I have been implementing the mechanism to lead with several request that each peer receives and needs to send to requestor the result - http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Shared_Code_Plugin#Communication_Channel

Some next steps:
* Make tests with Eclipse mechanism search(File Search), where I intend adding some regular _expression_ to find source code in the Eclipse workspace that match search criterias.
* Mechanism to add metadata into source code(maybe Eclipse's makers or annotations)

I'm grateful to Scott and Ken for all them help.

If you have some idea/tip/clue to help me in the Shared Code Project, I would like to hear of. Please, contact me directly at mayworm@xxxxxxxxx or mayworm@xxxxxxxx, also IM at mayworm@xxxxxxxxx (Google Talk).

Cheers,
Marcelo

Back to the top