Re: [ecf-dev] ECF weekly conference calls

Platform agnostic ;) OSGi services can run on any OSGi runtime, and OSGi can run pretty much everywhere.

What do you mean by by service container in this context?

Also, not sure if this is pertinent, but for embedded devices, Eclipse has a project called eRCP (http://www.eclipse.org/ercp/) which is developed out of the group I work with. It basically lets you write "RCP" applications for embedded devices. Here's an article I wrote awhile back: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ecl-rcp/ Let me warn you that the documentation is still kind of weak for this project, but it is moving along :)

Cheers,

------------
Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxx>
IBM Lotus - Eclipse Committer
http://planet.eclipse.org
http://mea-bloga.blogspot.com
+1 860.839.2465
Inactive hide details for Ken Gilmer <kgilmer@xxxxxxxxx>Ken Gilmer <kgilmer@xxxxxxxxx>

          Ken Gilmer <kgilmer@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          06/05/2006 04:50 PM

          Please respond to
          "Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) developer mailing list." <ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [ecf-dev] ECF weekly conference calls

Hey Chris,

  Glad to hear things are going well for you.  Very cool that you are working on OSGi now.  I'm currently investigating OSGi as a possible service container for an embedded CE device my company is developing (day job).  The OSGi website seems to lean somewhat towards embedded systems, while the equinox project seems to get more play in the server (ie RSP) space.  Are you going to be targeting embedded systems specifically?  Is most of the focus you and your team involved in towards the server end, or is it "platform agnostic"?

Thanks
Ken