Re: [ecf-dev] Listing shared files

Hi Tim,

Ken Gilmer (primarily...and I to a much lesser degree) have been working on some example shared editors: http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/NewAndNoteworthy.html

This shared editor uses the datashare api: org.eclipse.ecf.datashare (API plugin) for sharing document changes in real time among a set of participants.

If this is what you mean by 'being able to see what is shared' then this would be appropriate for that as well.

Or do you mean listing remote directory contents? (I'm not quite sure from your posting) If directory listings are what you mean, then probably it would be appropriate to add some directory listing capability to the fileshare API...it currently does not have an API for listing directory contents, etc. This is only because I/we yet haven't gotten to putting such an API in place...as I believe such a directory/listing API should be there as well. Note that if you need something immediately then you could create a custom directory listing/sharing protocol using the datashare API. For example, you could use the workspace abstraction in Eclipse, and resource listeners to send around information about the local workspace (via datashare messages). And if you want to work on helping us add file/directory browsing to the fileshare API then that would also be most welcome.

Scott

Tim Terlegård wrote:
I'd like to be able to share files with others. Not just sending files,
but being able to see what is shared. What API should I use for that?

Tim