[ecf-dev] server providers

There's a table with available efc container types. It lists IRC, but I
can't find any irc provider in CVS or in javadoc. It's installed in Eclipse
though. Are there license issues?

The table doesn't say whether xmpp and irc providers are client or
servers or both. I think smack is only a client library. Maybe the
protocol column in the table should say "XMPP client"? What about the
irc provider, is it client or server or both?

I want to make a chat app, both server and client. Question is, what
provider should I choose? How much work would it be to implement an xmpp
server provider? I guess it would be much less work to make
presence/chat rooms work with the ecf generic providers? Or would IRC be
easier?

/Tim

Back to the top