Re: [ecf-dev] Developing a share drawing/chat RCP application in 20 minutes

FWIW, the Eclipse RCP Book (http://eclipsercp.org) develops a full chat application from scratch and goes into great detail on all the RCP-specific aspects.  Unfortunately we did not use ECF as we were not aligned when the code was written.  Would be interesting to see how Hyperbola (the chat application) could be retro fitted with ECF...

Jeff

Tim TerlegÄrd <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/04/2006 03:28 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) developer mailing list."

ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[ecf-dev] Developing a share drawing/chat RCP application in 20        minutes

Howdy!

I've been lurking here for a while and I think this is a really cool
project. I haven't found the time yet to dig into ECF and RCP, but I
hope I will soon.

What about making a "Developing a drawing and chatting RCP application
in 20 minutes" screencast? Actually I don't care about the minutes, but
20 seem rather common  :)

Such a screencast would
1) Give a quick introduction to how one would implement such an application.
  (Watching a screencast is much more fun than reading a tutorial)
2) Show that these heavy frameworks are actually quite powerful and
  easy to use.

I love screencasts. An ECF one would be really cool. Does anyone have
time doing one? It'd be really great.

Tim