[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ecf-dev] DataShare updates
- From: Peter Nehrer <pnehrer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 18:29:07 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.11) Gecko/20050728
I replaced the previous, unfinished DataShare codebase with what we've
affectionately come to call DataShare2. This means that projects
org.eclipse.ecf.datashare2 and org.eclipse.ecf.example.datashare2.hello
are now empty and eligible for removal from CVS. The example app is not
completely migrated to ECF -- it still uses the toy RMI implementation.
The API itself is minimally documented, but the RMI implementation and
example app are not (and it would be useful to point out the challenges
they uncover). I'll try to do that as time permits (and interest demands).
The example app is basically a view that allows the connected parties to
collaboratively "edit" a simple collection of strings. Because it runs
off the RMI implementation, you don't need to be connected to an ECF
group to run it.
1. create a default provider adapter implementing the DataShareService.
2. create an example shared EMF editor