[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:38:50 -0800
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7 (X11/20050923)
A quick note to let people know about progress on the 'Ward and Bjorn's
shared editor project'.
The following are in place:
Remotely launch an editor (java, text editor, etc) from the navigator or
Remotely select an arbitrary block of text and navigate the display to
These features will be present for the 0.5.1 build of ECF, which will be
happening early this week (Mon 11/14 or Tues 11/15).
To access these features do the following:
To remotely launch an editor (java, text editor, etc) from the navigator
or package explorer:
1) To connect a project to an ECF collaboration group
a) In the Navigator or Package Explorer right click *on a project*
to bring up the context menu for that project (e.g. org.eclipse.ecf)
b) Select ECF->Connect...
c) Connect to a group...e.g. ecftcp://ecf.eclipse.org:3282/server
2) Open a Shared Editor on a resource
a) Use Navigator or Package Explorer to find resource to open
b) Right click on resource to bring up context menu
c) Select ECF->Open Shared Editor
To remotely select an arbitrary block of text and navigate the display
to that selection.
1) Open shared editor as described above
2) Select a block of text
3) Right click on the *marker area* (on left side of editor)
4) Choose 'Share Selection' from marker context menu.
This will open remote's shared editors, select a given range of text,
and navigate the display to that point.
Coming Soon (if there is demand for it):
Remotely create markers (e.g. bookmarks, tasks, problems, etc)
Remotely navigate among markers
Remotely perform CVS operations (e.g. CVS updates) on arbitrary resources