Re: [e4-dev] Sandbox for Eclipse proposal as E4 sub-project

Personally, I'd prefer that experiments be done in branches of the existing repository. I'd only consider forking if the experimental work is being done by committers who aren't quite ready to join Eclipse Platform.

If you do decide to fork/clone a repository into e4, you'll have to create a CQ to track the fork, and the EDP requires a Restructuring Review to move any changes back into the original repository.

Wayne

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What's the value?

They could be forks.