Re: [e4-dev] Sandbox for Eclipse proposal as E4 sub-project

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 3:29 PM, Carsten Reckord <reckord@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
What's going to be interesting is how to deal with cases where that's not a given - i.e. where we don't know the best way yet and have to try out a few things, or where the change is more controversial and first has to prove itself. I think hosting intermediary code, staging private builds of some Platform or other external bundles based on Gerrit changes (or even doing temporary forks) can play a role there.

Rather than coding on a separate repo wouldn't using a fork on GitHub be better ?
There's the eclipselabs organization at GitHub, we can place a fork of Platform UI and Platform Text and let you be a committer on those so you can create branches and so on. It wouldn't make things harder to work with, and it would more easily allow to consume latest Platform change and merge back interesting parts.
Or maybe there's a good way for Platform to provide "experimental" Git repositories for non-committers?

Back to the top