Re: [e4-dev] E4 Keyboard Macros

Brian, you are right. Also for mouse events it would be extremely hard to replay them. Just a small change to the perspective layout or timing constraints for eg popups would make it extremely hard to replay such macros correctly. What I am thinking of is a recorder that tries its best to figure out what a user does. so instead of recording a click on the file menu and afterwards a click on the Import... item I would like to map this to a command execution of the import action. This is an idea I am playing with for a long time without finding a good solution to this. Maybe there is none. However your key recorder is one step in the right direction.
I will keep you informed when I start to play around with these things.

Christian

Back to the top