Re: [e4-dev] Can e4.ui repository depend on EGit ?

Hi Mickael,

I begin to think I understood you incorrectly.

you said:

so I'm thinking about contributing the EGit integration into org.eclipse.e4.ui, so that org.eclipse.e4.ui would now have a dependency on EGit (to be reversed when the import framework can be considered as mature).

From this I figured that you wanted to add this dependency to a bundle called "org.eclipse.e4.ui". This name looks very "core" to e4 so that is why I suggested to not add a direct dependency. (Apparently there is no bundle with this name. I looked for it but could not find it.)

I have no authority to say something about adding the EGit dependency to org.eclipse.e4.ui.import. AFAICT it is perfectly fine to do so.

Cheers,

Wim