Re: [e4-dev] Can e4.ui repository depend on EGit ?

On 02/23/2015 07:32 AM, Mickael Istria wrote:
Hi all,

The new import framework contributed to org.eclipse.e4.ui repository is making good progress. I encourage the most curious of you to give it a try (at http://download.eclipse.org/e4/snapshots/org.eclipse.e4.ui/ ).
... (continuing my mail) ...
A next step for this framework would be to link it more closely with team providers, such as EGit. As the framework is still incubating, I don't think it would be good to have EGit depending on it already, so I'm thinking about contributing the EGit integration into org.eclipse.e4.ui, so that org.eclipse.e4.ui would now have a dependency on EGit (to be reversed when the import framework can be considered as mature).
Is it acceptable to add such a dependency?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top