Re: [e4-dev] Moving e4 tools to a new project?

I am no committer just starting with contributions actually. But anyway from side, as a heavy e4 consumer and adopter this is definately a good idea ! So:

+1

Marc Teufel

I think the main issue people have with the e4 tools is that they cannot install from directly from the update site of the Eclipse release. I asked in the cross mailing list how the e4 tools can be part of the Mars update site.

Wayne explained that we would have to move the e4 tools to a new project. Here is his explanation how to do it:
----------------------------

To move the code out of the project, you need to do a restructuring review. Restructuring reviews are relatively simple affairs that require you describe (as concisely as possible) what needs to to change and why.

To restructure by moving, you need a project to move the code into.

This could be an existing project (e.g. PDT), or one that we create. If a new project is required, then we need to do a proposal followed by a creation review. We can combine the creation review with the restructuring review.

There's more here:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Restructuring_Reviews

HTH,

Wayne

If the active e4 committers and our users agree, I personally think we should go ahead and create this structuring review.

How do people think about this?  Should we go ahead with this restructuring review?

Best regards, Lars

P.S.  I would be interesting to work on the restructuring review.