Re: [e4-dev] Suggested Model adjustments - Add PerspectiveDescriptors to the model?

Hi Lars,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the reply Paul.

This creates the issue that we can for example not adjust the perspective switcher in the IDE to work on the application model.

What is our suggestion to contribute a perspective to the Eclipse IDE application model?

When we save perspectives, we copy them to the snippets section (they don't have live objects there).  Would that not work here?

Or what about creating the MPerspective but without the live objects?  1) is it possible to instantiate all of the useful parts of the MPerspective without having attached it to the MApplication?  2) if it needs to already be part of the MApplication, it would be better if it wasn't rendered as long as it's not the active perspective (I mean, that's what happens when you open an existing workspace. The perspective isn't rendered until the first time you switch to it, no?)

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR