Re: [e4-dev] Fix up E4 builds

I have created a job that builds after every Gerrit checkin  [1]

https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/e4-dev/msg08788.html

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:50 PM, Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Jonas Helming <jonas.helming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Paul,

I am a little confused about the builds on https://hudson.eclipse.org/platform/
There already seems to be a maven build for the e4 tools (https://hudson.eclipse.org/platform/job/eclipse-e4-tools/)
Is this in use?

Yes, AFAIK people use it as a quick way to get to the latest tools build repo.

We would either co-opt this job or create another one.

The idea would be to have one job like this per repo (i.e. sub component), right?

Yes.  right now it looks like we're building 6 repos, + one to manage the releng stuff (the e4 parent pom, for example).

I'm open to suggestion, but I'd image we would have one job that clones the repos and tags them all with the I-build tag (like I20140708-2200), create a skeletal download site, and then requests the other 6 jobs.

Each repo job would check out the repo at that tag, build it, update the main I build update site (a composite repo) with the component repo, and push some useful information onto the download site that could be displayed.  Each repo should build with bree-libs enabled and signing enabled.

We can work out specifics on the bug.

PW

--
Paul Webster