Re: [e4-dev] [equinox-dev] Resolver Problem with guava and e4 (javax.annotation)

On 11.06.14 00:44, Neil Bartlett wrote:
> a) Removing the javax.annotation import would surely not work, since
> then you won’t have any visibility of that package at all. I assume
> resolver.problem does actually use this package?

My proposal was not to remove it but to make it version less but then
this needs to be done by ALL bundles - most important those who process
the javax.annotation (=e4.core.di)

> b) Modifying Guava would require repackaging it and maintaining that
> indefinitely.

Well we already get that from orbit so it is repackaged

> I propose a third solution: import package javax.annotation from your
> bundle but don’t require version 1. The package is after all part of
> JavaSE since at least Java 1.6, and the JRE exports everything as
> version zero.

I can not do that currently because the upstream project e.g. e4.core.di
(see below) require 1.0.0 and then e.g. this package will not call
methods annotated with @PostConstruct!

I guess it would have been best from the beginning if all bundles would
have imported it without a version but it is too late for that now.

e4.core.di/MANIFEST.MF
> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Bundle-Localization: plugin
> Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
> Built-By: e4Build
> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.e4.core.di
> Import-Package: javax.annotation;version="1.0.0",javax.inject;version=
>  "1.0.0"

Tom

Back to the top