[e4-dev] e4-izing the IDE

Hey gang,

OK, I’ll state first that I’m not sure what ‘e4-izing the IDE’ means. So count me a newbie. Taking the newbie approach, I simply changed the application for my IDE to E4application and gave it a spin. Of course, I ended up with an empty window and menu and exceptions when legacy plug-ins tried to get a hold of the legacy Workbench object.

Is there a list of things that need to be done in order for this to do something proper?

Just to be clear of my intentions, I’d like to use Tom’s JavaFX renderers to render the IDE along with an SWT port to JavaFX for compat at the widget level. I’d like to understand what needs to be done to get there.

Thanks for any info. And yes, I do have a certain amount of my work time to contribute to this.
Doug.

Back to the top