Re: [e4-dev] Setting up an SDK for Luna development

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Paul,

today I tried following the instructions but I get two errors:

1.) Target definition file reports several errors, see screenshot

There wasn't a screen shot, but yes I get problems with the target definition.  It won't resolve at least some of the plugins, even though they're really in the repo.  Once it's hosed there doesn't seem to be a way to refresh or re-run the job, even the Update button doesn't seem to update it.  If I use the same target file in a new workspace, it resolves fine.

If the target platform doesn't work reliably, then maybe it needs to go back to the Running Platform and the extra compile depends need to be included in the http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git/plain/releng/org.eclipse.ui.releng/platformUiTools.p2f

2.) Trying to import platformUiTools.p2f results in the following error:

Do you mean the psf?

An error occurred importing this project set.
The following errors occurred while importing projects. Some projects may not be loaded.
Auth fail
Auth fail

I made the platformUiProjects.psf  use generic ssh, ssh://git.eclipse.org:29418/platform/eclipse.platform.runtime

But that means if your userid doesn't match your gerrit userid, you get the auth failure.  You have to update the file to ssh://userid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/... everywhere.

PW

--
Paul Webster