Re: [e4-dev] Remaining e4 work for Luna

The e4view extension point forces the customer to code with the model manually for menus and toolbars instead of getting this from the model. If the model integration in 3x is complete I am leaning towards +1 for removing it (not that I have a say). We should not be afraid to give the early adopters a little bit more work. That is why they are an early adopter right? Especially when they have a better solution (assuming this is available of course).

Not as a hard requirement, but to be really useful in the E3 world, the "pure e4view" should have the following things:

1. The E4 and E3 selection services are not bridged - (would be cool to fix for M6)
2. The "pure e4view" is not a first class citizen in the e4 workbench (quick search??, view menu??, Tom and Paul have given some hints about this, would be cool to fix for M6 as well)
3 .. other things??

Cheers,

Wim