Re: [e4-dev] True mixed mode

the model is created by the compat layer and therefore it did not work for all possible extensions. At what point in time do you add your contributions? Did you have any problems so far to contribute any elements?

I planned to run it as a prestart OSGi service but Lars contributed an IStartup extension which it is using now. I think it finally needs to go to the bootstrapping code somewhere.

Did you have any problems so far to contribute any elements?

I have only worked with parts and partstacks so far. I just do getChildren().add(MUIElement). This will probably not work for all possible elements but that is a trivial addition.

I have just finished the code to support all possible scenarios.

It can:
extract parts of Application.e4xmi into the running E3 application model (my extension point)
extract parts of fragment.e4xmi into the running E3 application model (my extension point)
load the complete fragment.e4xmi into the running E3 application model (existing extension point)
run processors to alter the running E3 application model (existing extension point)

The last two steps were actually even more easy then the first two. I just run the ModelAssembler again.

Current;y, the ModelAssembler is running on a wrong time in the application bootstrap. The first time around the model is not yet filled with all E3 model elements. It needs to be called later and then my call can be removed.

To see it in action, create a new workspace, import the five projects, run the E3 application with all workspace bundles.
To run the E4 app for comparison: just run its product (you might need to add required plugins in run config)

Cheers,

Wim

Back to the top