Re: [e4-dev] Gettng the model service

In case of 3.x I want to open an editor by default. In case of e4, I want to open a Part. As the core does not know about e4, I don't have any IEclipseContext in the e4 Opener. I can therefore not directly retrieve an EPartService.

I understand. You call an e4 from e3. I guess you have to call the e4 part from e3 by instantiating it with DI

IEclipseContext context = (IEclipseContext) PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getService(IEclipseContext.class);
E4Part part = ContextInjectionFactory.make(E4Part.class, context);
part.open();

Back to the top