Re: [e4-dev] Gettng the model service

There are use cases, where you run an e4 application, but some parts are not directly able to access the IEclipseContext. Especially if a framework is single sourced between e4 and 3.x
As an example I had the following case: An application provides a extension mechnism which action should be triggered on double clicking an element. The extension point allows to implement a simple interface (Opener):

open(Object object)

In case of 3.x I want to open an editor by default. In case of e4, I want to open a Part. As the core does not know about e4, I don't have any IEclipseContext in the e4 Opener. I can therefore not directly retrieve an EPartService.

Cheers

Jonas