[e4-dev] [DataBinding] changing observable set and get methods to be thread-safe

Having worked at a client who have a product with a fair amount of multi-threading in their RCP product, I have found
data binding to be quite limiting due to the fact that the getters and setters on the observables are not thread-safe.
Oddly enough the Javadoc says they are thread-safe so I wonder whether it was an original intention to make them
thread-safe. Anyway, I believe it is quite doable to make them thread-safe and this would make data-binding a lot more
usable in multi-threaded environments.  I have opened bug 425704 with my proposed changes and it would be great if
anyone interested could give feedback.

Nigel

Back to the top