Re: [e4-dev] MDialog / MWizard will be removed in M5

Tom, first thanks for mentioning the new languages API which I'd forgotten all about them.

What do you think about the idea of having a derivative model hosted under the incubator ? We could then just move the new elements to that model for further work and, once they've matured a bit through use we could promote them into the main model in the future.

By way of explanation as to why I want to remove them from the main model consider the following:

- Once released these elements (in their released state) *are* API and must be backwards supported.

- API defined from an Ivory Tower separate from any specific implementation *always* needs tweaking (new attributes, refining the usage patterns...) so it's been a rule here to not release API that isn't actually in use within the framework.

To be clear, I do believe that this is a valid model extension (in some form); it's simply that without actual use it's not yet mature enough to cast in API concrete...

Eric

Inactive hide details for Tom Schindl ---01/13/2014 03:59:29 PM---What is the maximum timeframe? I really want to keep them andTom Schindl ---01/13/2014 03:59:29 PM---What is the maximum timeframe? I really want to keep them and make use of them in my javafx port! Ca

Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

01/13/2014 03:59 PM

Re: [e4-dev] MDialog / MWizard will be removed in M5

    Sent by:

e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

What is the maximum timeframe? I really want to keep them and make use of them in my javafx port!

Cann't we mark them as experimental?

Tom

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 13.01.2014 um 21:22 schrieb Eric Moffatt <