Re: [e4-dev] Dynamic enhancement of bundle Classpath

For instance, another idea I have is to dynamically create a bundle
per user contrib, and dynamically install / start them via OSGi.  (the
user contrib would depend on CCW's bundle, as well as use the export:
directive to reference its own classpath on the filesystem).

Yes this sounds like the way to go. Creating bundles on the fly has been done a few times. I know for example that the R_OSGi is doing this [2]

Cheers,

Wim

PS
When searching the web, I found an "inventor" who patented the dynamic bundle creation for OSGi [1]. So you may have to cough up some dough if you want to go into that direction. I'm willing to chip in ;)

Back to the top