Re: [e4-dev] [Proposal] Locale switching

On 11/20/2013 12:31 AM, Tom Schindl wrote:
> c) Language switching is provided to clients through
>    LocaleSwitchService. A first draft looks like this:
>
>    interface LocaleSwitchService {
>       public void switchApplicationLanguage(Locale locale);
>       public void switchContextLanguage(IEclipseContext c,Locale locale);
>    }
>
> I'm a bit indifferent on switchContextLanguage because I don't feel
> comfortable exposing the IEclipseContext in any API and I'm uncertain
> switching the language at a certain context is the 99% case. I currently
> lean towards switchApplicationLanguage.

Hi Tom & Dirk,

why the need for LSS? Is it juts going to be a thin layer (without extra
functionality) on top of the current
anIEclipseContext.set(TranslationService.LOCALE,			"en_US")?

If yes, then it certainly makes sense to use variant a) to hide IEC from
consumer API. OTOH I'm skeptical that IEC can be hidden from consumer
API generally and will simply leak into consumer code because it is
neither internal nor marked @noreference.

M.

Back to the top