Re: [e4-dev] Putting the contextExplorer in e4 tools ?

Hi Olivier,

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Olivier Prouvost <olivier.prouvost@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Some people knows it already, I developed an E4 Part to display the E4 contexts used by an application. It is for the moment available on github : https://github.com/opcoach/contextExplorer under EPL license.

Some screenshots and explanations are listed here : http://www.opcoach.com/en/2013/03/eclipse-4-context-explorer/

Markus suggested me to open a discussion about contributing it in e4tools.

I think that it's a good fit for e4 and a good candidate for eventual contribution to the platform.

As with the event spy tool in the thread, we already have an implementation of a context debug view at http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.debug

Would you be interested in taking over both plugins (we need a ViewPart version of the view) in the E4 Tools and consume anything interesting from the contexts.debug plugin?

Later,
Paul

--
Paul Webster