Re: [e4-dev] Now's the time to figure out what we need in e4

> As quickly as possible I'd like to
> identify those areas that folks think are worth doing so we can then move
> on to assigning people to actually do the work / designs.

How about the help system? The biggest problem we had with going to production with e4 (we've just passed code freeze!) has been that we had to "roll our own" help system. I know you want to do something radical with help to make it play like the rest of e4. So it's a lot of work. But starting it sooner rather than later will enable more people to get this into production apps.

The second biggest problem were bugs that had to do with cloning perspectives. But that could just be a lack of documentation/examples. I had all sorts of weirdness where certain handlers and stuff were missing from the context of the cloned perspective. But that may be specific to our approach rather than an e4 thing in general.

Cheers,

Jo

Jo Grant  550 King Street
Senior Software Engineer  Littleton, MA 01460
OpenPages install and config  USA
Cell: 617-648-6543
Office: 978-899-4836
e-mail: jo_grant@xxxxxxxxxx