Re: [e4-dev] Committer application

Jonas Helming wrote:
Hi Christian,

one question about this: Is there any relation to ECL? https://github.com/xored/ecl
Are you aware of this project?

Hi,

yes, I am aware of xored. I met the head developer (sorry, forgot his name) last year at EclipseCon. The scripting language they have is very powerful and seems to be the right thing for their UI tests.

For me this was not an option while developing escript as I wanted to use an existing, wide spread script language where you can easily find developers for. While xored is very specific, javascript and python is something lots of programmers have experience with or find easy to adapt.

Christian

Back to the top