[e4-dev] Fwd: How to correctly set up another LifeCycleHandler

Hi,

I'll just start with a little introduction of the project, which may be skipped but is provided to help understand the problem.

Project Description:
We (a group of students at university) trying to create an E4 application that manages some contacts and inspection data to create a report. All functionality is put in a couple of plugins to keep the application modular (we have about ~45 plugins at the moment). We have added one LifeCycleHandler to the main project that provides a method (annotated with @PostContextCreate) to handle some generall startup code (loading config and such things). This one works like expected.

The Problem:
Now we try to add some other handlers to put our service classes (responsible for data retrieval) into the Eclipse context (we aren't sure if this is the intended way to do so). So we added another "plugin.xml" to a "sub plugin" just holding a single property in the extension and product tag. (You can see the file here: http://pastie.org/7821627)

Sadly the corresponding method (again annotated with @PostContextCreate) is never called during startup. The containing plugin is added to a feature which is then requested by the product. The "validate" button in the product editor does not find any errors.
So what is wrong with it? Or is it completely the wrong idea to handle things like that?

Thanks for any help!

Greetings
Ben

Back to the top