Re: [e4-dev] Bridging the selection services

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is it just a matter of hooking them together? There is the problem of the IWorkbenchPart that needs to be passed down.

Anyone with a good idea?

In the 4.x Workbench we use  org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart to host an IWorkbenchPart when creating editor and views from extensions using the model.

But we don't have the other direction implemented ... where an Eclipse4 contribution can be hosted and visible as an IViewReference and IWorkbenchPart.

In theory you're just hooking them together, but in practice you might have some handwaving to make the Eclispe4 contribution respond with the correct IWorbenchPart APIs

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR