Re: [e4-dev] E4 Formal API Part 2: UI Model

FWIW, regarding Logger APIs:

We have several different logging frameworks working at eclipse and every plugin comes with it's own logging configuration. There is no central way of specifying logging outputs, i.e., generally configuring the logging outputs. In particular we have a problem when two projects use slf4j with different configurations. There is a bug [1] describing the issue in more detail.

Ways how to solve this have been taken to the architecture council. Not sure whether there is a solution going on, but to me it may make sense to (i) decide to use or define one logging framework for all eclipse plugins, (ii) provide API to edit/change a shared configuration in order to solve issues seen in bug 400027.

Best,
Marcel

--
Codetrails.com – The knowledge transfer company