https://github.com/eclipse-color-theme/eclipse-ui-themes

Cheers
Roger

On Wednesday, 11. July 2012 at 19:40, Eric Moffatt wrote:

Silenio, this may be an either / or question...if the menu / header is stylable (i.e. supports font, color...attributes) on a given platform then we wouldn't need to go the 'owner draw' route. I was under the impression that it was only windows that didn't allow these attributes for menus for example.

There's also a bit of a difference between using owner draw *ourselves* to support styling vs exposing the API generally. IMO a Table with a stylable header would just expose the various attributes (setFont, setForegroundColor, ...)  as if they'd been implemented that way from the start, making them match the other controls that support styling. The fact that 'under the covers' we may be using owner draw to implement those attributes would not necessarily be exposed to the users of the widget.

Of course if a given control on a given platform supports neither the attributes nor owner draw we're pretty well beat.

Eric

From: Silenio Quarti/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Date: 07/11/2012 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: [e4-dev] Themes for Eclipse 4
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I believe the table header has 'owner draw' support on the platforms we support (win32, cocoa and GTK). SWT would have to expose API for this. I suppose the API would be similar to the  custom draw API for TableItem/TreeItem (i.e. SWT.PaintItem/SWT.EraseItem/SWT.MesuareItem events).  SWT would also have to expose the table header as a control with items: probably Header and HeaderItem.

Here are links to the related documentation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb775300(v=vs.85).aspx
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSTableHeaderView_Class/Reference/Reference.html
http://developer.gnome.org/gtk/stable/GtkTreeViewColumn.html

Menus can probably be 'owner drawn' on Windows and GTK (need to confirm). I am sure not about mac given it is an application menu.

Silenio